I was in a little food competition recently and I made this yummy tart for it. I have been craving it lately so I dug up my recipe for round 2 of roasted root deliciousness. This tart is pretty irresistible and contains all of my favorite things: goat cheese, meats that taste like bacon and …I think that’s all it takes to win me over.
This is a super quick and easy recipe that looks like a lot of work so impress your friends or you kids ( kids are very hard to impress these days) and pretend you are a top chef! Take it on a picnic, eat it while watching project runway or serve it with soup and salad all fancy like.
So go, get in the kitchen, make something new, experiment, possibly burn something or make something beautiful but try and you might surprise yourself!
What you need
- 1.5 c whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cut real butter or vegan butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a few tbsp cold water
- pinch of salt
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- Goat cheese, 6 oz
- peach preserves (optional but yummy!)
- salt to taste
How to made it
- brush the carrots and parsnip with the peach preserves (optional) and a bit of oil and roasted them in the oven until tender, about half hour
- To make dough mix flour, pinch of salt and baking powder, cut in butter dd water 1 tbsp at a time and knead together to form a ball
- roll out to a rectangle and place on a baking sheet, roll over edges to form a crust if you like
- brushed the crust with more peach preserves (optional)
- place half of the goat cheese on the crust
- assemble the carrots and parsnips on the crust and topped with hunks of goat cheese, shallots, prosciutto, rosemary and thyme
- put the tart under the broiler until the cheese browned and bubbles a bit